Mosquitoes in the yard are very disturbing and you should know about how to get rid of mosquitoes in your yard. There are many ways to get rid of mosquitoes in your home, from mosquito repellent to scent natural scents that mosquitoes do not like. Your house is a closed room, but what about the yard? Mosquitoes will be very hard to get rid of. Because this is an open space. The most you should remember is that mosquitoes are happy with puddles and dirty places so make sure your yards are always cleanly manicured.
Here are some ways of how to get rid of mosquitoes in your yard
- Keeping the places where water, ponds, and swimming pools are collected. If you have a pool of fish or a pool that is not very often used, this can be a breeding ground for mosquitoes.
- Pruning plants around ponds or other water pools. If you have a bath and a pet bird or other water source that is small, often replace the water or stir the water so that the mosquitoes can not lay their eggs there.
- Cut grass and shrubs regularly. Overgrown grass and shrubs can serve as mosquito hideouts.
- Using soap water placed in a dish. If you are in the garden or outdoor, you can repel mosquitoes by placing a dish of water mixed with dish soap in a hidden place nearby.
- Using LED lights. Place the LED lights at the entrance, windows and terrace of the house. Mosquitoes will not cluster if the light comes from LED lights, yellow insect lights, and sodium lamps.
- Install the screen or cover the area outside the room. If you live in a lot of mosquitoes, you can use mosquito nets or gauze outside or inside the house. Place the appropriate mosquito net or outdoor plastic covering around the terrace or outside the house.
- Planting mosquito repellent flowers. There are several types of flowers that have a fragrance that is not preferred by mosquitoes, among others, chrysanthemum flowers, geramary, rosemary and so forth. Plant chrysanthemums/geramary/rosemary in your yards to prevent mosquitoes from entering the house.